For over three decades since its founding The Galactic Asteroids Patrol has been blowing up asteroids in every
asteroids-infested corner of the Galaxy.
Once a new and proud initiative, the Patrol has now reduced to a small desolate and underfunded department in a
forgotten corner of the vast galactic bureaucracy.
Of its once young and daring pilots those who survived count their remaining
years to retirement on a small government pension. Its spaceships, decades ago considered the pinnacle of spaceship design and
technology, are almost space junk to modern eyes - barely kept in service through repeated retrofitting and cheap part
Welcome to The Galactic Asteroids Patrol.
What is The Galactic Asteroids Patrol?
At its core The Galactic Asteroids Patrol follows the old tradition of "blowing things up in outer space" games. However by
making use of modern and very powerful game development platforms, The Galactic Asteroids Patrol brings a flavour of modern
computer gaming to this old and simple type of gameplay.
On top of the basic "shooting big rocks with a spaceship" concept, The Galactic Asteroids Patrol offers:
- A modern look & feel: Full 3D graphics and rich models using the Unity
- Mouse control: Back in the day one was not able to shoot at 360 degrees!
- Selection & configuration: The Galactic Asteroids Patrol fields 4 types of ships with different
strenghs and weaknesses. Each ship model can be further configured with a different selection of weapons before flying into
an asteroids field. In total there are almost 100 different ship combinations.
- Realistic physics: Modern games come with advanced physics simulation engines for added fun and (sort of) realism.
The Galactic Asteroids Patrol unlike its predecessors does the same.
- Not just rocks: The challenges facing a patrol pilot go beyond big chunks of rock floating aimlessly in
- Multiplayer: Finally and perhaps most importantly - The Galactic Asteroids Patrol allows you to enjoy all of the
above with (or against...) your friends online - as any modern game does!
In short, The Galactic Asteroids Patrol is both a modernization of and a homage to a classic type of computer games, and we hope
that you enjoy playing it as much as we've enjoyed creating it.
The Galactic Asteroids Patrol is planned for reelase on 20 / Dec / 2012. It will be available from the following distributors